It’s the day of Lohri celebration in India, as the festival in winter has spread the warmness in the ambiance, glory in the air and the atmosphere is about to glow with the huge bonfires. So won’t you make something yummy for your loved ones and spread some love to raise the brotherhood among the people.
Below are some of the mouth-watering dishes for the special occasion of Lohri.
Ganee Ki Kheer
Basmati rice: 100g
Sugarcane juice: 1 litre
- Boil the sugarcane juice
- Add rice in the juice
- Allow it cook on slow fire till the ingredients gets smoothly mixed.
- Serve it cold.
Wheat flour: 250 gms
sugar ground: 250 gms
Ghee: 250: gms
cardamom powder: 1 tsp
Milk: 3–4 tbsp
- Melt ghee in large pan.
- Heat the flour on low flame.
- Continuously mix.
- When flour gets brown turn off the fire.
- Add cardamom powder, sugar, and milk, and mix the ingredients till it gets shaped of pinnies.
Puffed rice: 1/2 lb
Jaggery: 1/2 lb
Roasted peanuts: 1/2 cup
Dry coconut flakes: 1/2 cup
- Boil the jaggery and water in a pan till it gets immersed and forms thick syrup.
- Add flakes of dry coconut, cardamom powder, roasted peanuts, and puffed rice. Mix the ingredients.
- After it gets cool, apply ghee or oil on your palm and make balls.
So do try these recipes as they very simple too make. Surprise your relatives with these dishes. Let us know how they tasted…! Happy Lohri…