At POLESMAG, we gather different types of information about our users for four major reasons:
- To provide personalized services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free for people who visit it.
- If we have permission from the user, to market services to them.
There may be supplementary privacy policies that apply to certain services we provide. Kindly read these when you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
- We do our very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
- We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information; and
- We make sure that when we ask another organization to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
- We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from us and, if you agree, from other organizations we have carefully chosen. However, we may email you occasionally with information or questions about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
- We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage subscriptions.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- Our site is accessible via the internet. This means that people around the world who access our website can see anything you post on the website, for example, comments about an article.
How We Use Your Information. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information on you:
- When you register or become a member of the POLESMAG
- When you use the website
- Through cookies
- If you choose to reveal information in postings
- When you enter sales promotions and competitions
Certain services that we provide may involve us collecting extra information (Membership, for example), such as where you are, so the service can be provided as designed. This may also apply to certain apps that you download, or which we provide.
The minimum information we need to register you is your name, email address and a password. We will ask you more questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless we say otherwise, you have to answer all the registration questions.
After you have registered, and with your permission, we may send you emails we think may interest you. Newsletters may be personalized based on what you have been reading on theguardian.com. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to ‘unsubscribe’.
Who We Share Data With
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organizations we have chosen carefully.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites.
- We use other organizations to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons, (information embedded in images which allow them to analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors).
- Placing cookies on your computer means we can show you adverts that you might be interested in, and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been.